We have a number of clinics set up across both our Richmond and Darnall sites specifically to administer flu vaccinations for the 2018 campaign.
The flu vaccine is routinely given on the NHS to:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- children aged 2 and 3
- children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (These will be given at school)
For 2018, there are 3 types of flu vaccine:
- a live quadrivalent vaccine (which protects against 4 strains of flu), given as a nasal spray. This is for children and young people aged 2 to 17 years eligible for the flu vaccine
- a quadrivalent injected vaccine. This is for adults aged 18 and over but below the age of 65 who are at increased risk from flu because of a long-term health condition and for children 6 months and above in an eligible group who cannot receive the live vaccine
- an adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine. This is for people aged 65 and over as it has been shown to be more effective in this age group
To book in for an appointment or for any queries please call us on either 0114 239 52 43 or 0114 244 95 25.
For more information on the Flu vaccination, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
The Doctors and Practice Nurse along with the Health Visitor can monitor your Childs health up to school age and any necessary immunisations can be given.
The Doctor and Midwife provide Antenatal care.
Post-Natal / Family Planning
There is a doctor who will offer Post-Natal checks, both the doctor and practice nurse can offer Family Planning Services or advice. Please note: We currently don't offer IUD's or the Contraceptive implant at surgery.
The sexual health clinic is situated at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital: Phone - 0114 226 8888
The service of a counsellor is available to patients in short-term crisis; she can help you work through many problems causing you stress.
The doctor or nurse will be able to advise you whether this is likely to be helpful and give you access to the service.
If you are over 75 years of age, health checks are offered on an annual basis and are available in the surgery or at home.
If you feel that a home visit would be helpful in assessing your personal medical needs, please contact the surgery to arrange this.
Asthma / Diabetes / High Blood Pressure / CHD
The Practice Nurse holds clinics for disease management please ask at reception for details.