The way you book appointments is changing. From Wednesday 3rd January 2024 you will need to be taken through our triage system which is designed to make sure you get the help you need as fast as possible. The triage system means that a team of clinicians will assess your symptoms before giving you an appointment based on your clinical need rather than the time that you contact the surgery. That means that we have done away with the 8.30am rush for appointments! You can call or book online at any time during the day and we can make the appropriate appointment for you.
How to book from Wednesday 3rd January:
You can book online using the Anima online triage system: Register or Login
Call the practice to be taken through the triage process by one of our team: 0114 233 2803
How will things change for me?
You will have some new ways that you can book an appointment with us through our website but, don’t worry, you can still telephone us or visit the practice if that is what you would prefer.
The biggest benefit is that these changes will mean there will be no more “morning rush” to queue on the telephones. No matter what time you contact us all our appointments will be prioritised by our clinical team based on medical urgency.
Other changes will include:
- More ways for you to request an appointment.
- Your case will be assessed by our clinical team who will decide the best plan is for you.
- If you care for others, you can complete an online request for them quickly and efficiently.
- You can easily log in to see the status of your request and the outcomes of your current and past appointment requests.
- You will be asked questions without medical jargon.
- You don’t need to discuss any medical issues over the phone - you can send an online request helping to improve confidentiality.
- The system is easier to use if English is not your first language, if you are deaf, or have hearing difficulties.
- Sometimes a GP is not the best person to help you with your medical concern. Our clinical team is made up of lots of different specialties and the new system will offer you the best – and earliest appointment for your individual needs.
- If you do not need to be seen urgently, you will be able to easily choose the most convenient appointment from those available.
- You will get a text message and email to keep you updated about your appointment times.
When will the new system be launched?
Anima will be launched on Wednesday 3rd January. As with any new system we may experience teething challenges, but we aim to keep those to a minimum. For more information on Anima please visit https://www.animahealth.com/patients.
Do I need to do anything?
You will need to register to use Anima
We will send you a message close to when the new system is available to use.
To register you will be sent a text message by the practice with a link to Anima. By clicking the link, you can set up an account by using an email address and creating a password. You will then be asked to verify email via the link sent. Then simply enter your own details Name, DOB, Sex, Postcode, Telephone Number, GP practice and NHS number if known. Once an account is created you can then submit you request to the practice.